By Olivia & Sema, 3°5
Breakfast is the first meal of a day. It is most often eaten in the early morning before starting the day’s work. Among English speakers, “breakfast” can be used to refer to this meal or to refer to a meal composed of traditional breakfast foods (such as eggs, porridge and sausage) served at any time of day. The word literally refers to breaking the fasting period of the prior night .
Why is it important to have breakfast?
- Breakfast plays a major role in the management of your hunger for the whole day. Breakfast plays an important role in the control of the appetite and the regulation of the food intake. This effect is strengthened when your breakfast is rich in proteins.
- Eating breakfast improves your concentration and your memorisation. Indeed, having breakfast improves the intellectual performances and improves the memory and increases the concentration before noon. These effects are marked all the more when breakfast is rich in carbohydrates.
- After breakfast, the rate of glucose at an optimal level favorises the intellectual performances.
5 reasons for not skipping breakfast in the morning anymore 🙂
- BREAKFAST BRINGS US ENERGY
- IT IMPROVES THE CONCENTRATION AND THE MEMORY
- IT PREVENTS YOU FROM NIBBLING
- IT PREVENTS YOU FROM GAINING WEIGHT
- IT ALLOWS YOU TO EAT MORE HEALTHILY
Our pieces of advice for you are : Try to have breakfast in the morning / Look for resources on the internet / Think of your well-being
On the Internet you will find several manners to prepare breakfast 😉
-For example how to prepare breakfast in Spain, France, Germany…
Note: There is also a variant of breakfast – brunch – which is a breakfast merged with lunch, served around 11 AM.
Résumé en français
Cette article vous permet de savoir pourquoi le petit déjeuner est important et de montrer ses avantages pour la santé car Le petit déjeuner est le repas le plus important de la journée ! Il permet de faire le plein d’énergie pour partir du bon pied dès le matin ! Alors pas question de le sauter ou d’avaler une simple tasse de café sur le pouce.
Resumen en Español
Es un artículo que le da informaciones sobre el desayuno*.
¿ Por qué es importante comer un desayuno?
Y también le damos consejos**.
Do not hesitate to ask questions. / N’hésitez pas à poser des questions. / No dude en hacer preguntas.
Source of the featured image: Google images.
This article was reviewed, edited and published by our English teacher, Ms Boyer.